With the rapid escalation of global events and growing concern about the COVID-19 (“coronavirus”) pandemic, we wanted to inform you that we are taking all available precautions on your behalf and increasing new measures as necessary.
JJ Bean exists to honour people. As with any crisis, our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of everyone connected through the coffee chain, from producers to our customers.
Some of the measures we are taking during this time to minimize potential spread of the virus:
- Take-out only. Dine-in ceramics and dishware are no longer in-use. Travel mugs are no longer accepted. If you present your travel mug we will continue to offer a personal cup discount.
- Condiments have been removed. Our baristas will add sugar or cream for you and present you with your drink and a lid.
- Managers will interrupt service every 15 minutes: staff will sanitize all surfaces (debit machines, cash registers, all door handles, washroom taps, toilet handles, etc.) and wash their hands. This is in addition to other cleaning and will increase wait times, but is both necessary and reassuring.
- Café hours and seating areas will be reduced to promote social distancing.
- Internal meetings and all public cuppings are suspended.
- Staff returning from foreign travel or showing any symptoms of sickness have been asked to stay home from work, self-isolate, and seek medical assistance in line with Canada Health recommendations.
We strongly encourage all customers to be considerate of our baristas, bakers, and other guests and consider purchasing whole-bean coffee or gift cards for future use at jjbeancoffee.com rather than in-person. If you are visiting a café, we need your help:
- Please do not come to our café if you have symptoms of sickness.
- Please wash your hands in our restrooms, or prior to entering our café.
- Please pay with a debit or credit card rather than cash.
- Please be patient and understand we are doing our best to keep up with government recommendations and keep as many people employed for as long as possible. We cannot do that without your help.
We are extremely grateful for the loyalty and support JJ Bean customers have shown over the years, and hope we can continue to serve you for years to come.
John Neate (“JJ”)
On behalf of JJ Bean