The commissary kitchen at JJ Bean Big Bend (#101 – 8288 North Fraser Way, Burnaby) is looking for Prep Cooks to join its team!
Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Sunday. ***5 day schedule*** Weekend availability is a must.
Starting wage is $15.25/hour with opportunity to increase.
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 25kg, able to work on your feet for +8 hours
- Able to communicate and read English
- Food Safe Level 1, understand FIFO, kitchen safety, etc.
- Reliable transportation (we are near bus routes and have car & bike parking available)
- Be a team player, have a positive attitude, be well-organized, take pride in your work, and be reliable
- A willingness to learn and take direction
- Basic knowledge of cooking techniques, however, training is provided
- Previous commercial kitchen experience (convection ovens, large batch production, etc.)
- Previous sandwich/wrap making experience
- Graduated or currently attending cooking school
- Excellent opportunity to get off the line and work daytime
- You will be working with 4 other cooks every shift
- Different daily tasks include: roasting veg, meat, mixing, making soup and cold sauces, using a meat slicer, following recipes and scaling ingredients, making sandwiches and wraps, assisting with stock rotation, and providing support for the bakery team
- Overtime may be a possibility if we have a super busy day
The work is not difficult, but we are a busy production kitchen that currently serves 18 cafes throughout Vancouver. We are busy and fast-paced, so please be willing to work hard and efficiently! We get along as a team and have a lot of fun, but work with a sense of urgency to complete the day’s tasks.
- Medical and wellness benefits (after 6 months)
- Wage increases as you pass graduated level tests
- Free coffee and espresso drinks while on shift
- 30% discount on merchandise, food, and drinks at all JJ Bean cafés
- Free pound of coffee every 40 hours worked
If you meet the entire criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Big Bend Prep Cook position” in the subject line. Include a brief cover letter about yourself and your experience along with your résumé.
Applications should be received ASAP.