The commissary bakery at JJ Bean Big Bend (#101 – 8288 North Fraser Way, Burnaby) is looking for Production Bakers, 30-34 hrs/week.
Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Sundays. Weekend availability is a must! *DO NOT APPLY IF YOUR AVAILABILITY DOES NOT MATCH THE POSTING.*
Starting wage is $15.25/hr, with opportunity to increase.
• Our production runs 7 days a week, so full flexibility is required.
• There are 7 bakery positions that work on rotation; each position serves a specific purpose and
offers variety in a factory production environment.
• Daily tasks include: scaling ingredients, mixing large batches of batters and doughs, scooping
cookies, shaping viennoiseries, baking bread, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning.
• Overtime may be a possibility if we have a super busy day.
• Willing to train the right person with a can-do attitude.
• Basic knowledge of mixing methods.
• Physically fit, able to lift up to 25kg, able to work on your feet for +8 hours.
• Able to communicate and read English.
• Food Safe Level 1, understand FIFO, kitchen safety, etc.
• Reliable transportation (we are near bus routes and have car and bike parking available).
• Be a team player, have a positive attitude, be well-organized, take pride in your work,
and be reliable.
• A willingness to learn and take direction.
• Enjoys working as a team.
• Graduated or currently attending baking and pastry school.
• Previous production bakery experience (ex. Large batch production, working with
60qt Hobart mixer, etc.)
• Food Safe level 1.
• Occupational First Aid level 1.
• Bonuses based upon food production, food cost, and bakery cleanliness audits.
• Medical benefits (after 6 months).
• Wage increases as you pass graduated level tests.
• Free coffee and espresso drinks while on shift.
• 30% discount on merchandise, food, and drinks at all JJ Bean cafes.
• Free pound of coffee every 40 hours worked.
Interested? If you meet the entire criteria, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Big Bend Production Baker application”. Include a brief cover letter about yourself and your experience, along with your résumé.
Applications should be submitted ASAP.